Corporate Directors of C.A.T. Systems
Ron Johnson, President Quan-Tech Sport Systems Inc.
Technical Director Quan-Tech Sport Systems Inc.
President and Technical Director C.A.T. Systems
Date of Birth: March 30, 1958
Birth Place: Fort Nelson, B.C.
Employment and Occupational History
1975 - 2002
Iceman-Refrigeration Operator 28 years (Level 5 Engineer certification 1998-current)
Duties and Responsibilities: Maintenance of Multi-million dollar recreational facility which includes refrigeration equipment operation and building maintenance and repair.
2000 - 2001
Director of Hockey development for Delphi Academy, hockey college based in Vancouver, BC.Duties and Responsibilities: Hockey and skating skills instruction and integrated seasonal progression for Atom C to Junior A hockey players.
1996 - Current
Business Owner: Quan-Tech Sport Systems Inc.Sports research and athletic training company specializing in quantifying athletic performance as well as sport specific training and tactical integration. Primary sport; Hockey.
1981 - Current
Hockey school owner operator specializing in power skating, hockey skills and tactical development. Averaging between 200 - 300 hockey players per week. Summer developmental skills camps specializing in advanced on-ice as well as off-ice training programs for elite hockey players from PeeWee, Bantam and Midget to Junior B, Junior A, WHL College and Professional levels.
1993 - 1996
Founder, President and Technical Director of Excel Hockey Inc., (Currently Sport Quest) an international sport research company specializing in quantifying athletic excellence in the sport of hockey. First company of its kind to be endorsed by the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association and Nike Canada. Duties and Responsibilities: Corporate Direction of Company, Skills and Technical Analyst to Amateur, College, Junior and Professional teams including the Canadian National Team, Seibu Bears Japanese Professional Team, Zug Switzerland and the Landshut Cannibals of the Division 1 (DEL) League in Germany.
1992 - 1993
Co-founder and director of hockey operations of Iceland Academy ( Delphi Academy), the first private hockey college in Vancouver, B.C. Duties and Responsibilities: Hockey and skating skills instruction and integrated seasonal progression for Atom C to Junior A hockey players. (Players included Tim Preston WHL, Gary Toor, former WHL player, Tyson Mulock WHL, Jeremy Jackson WHL).
Director of Hockey Development for Elite hockey schools. Worked with Vladimir Bure (Pavel Bure’s father)and Dusan Benicki (Director of the Human Performance Training Center in Burnaby) in developing superior on ice as well as off-ice sport specific training programs.
Alternate positions held between 1980 and 2001
Technical Head Coach, North Delta Minor Hockey 3 times. Worked with coaches on practice plans, system comprehension, skill assessment and development.
Association power skating and hockey skills consultant and trainer to Coquitlam Minor Hockey Association for the past 4 years, North Delta Minor Hockey Association for the past 6 years as well as alternate individual teams from Associations such as Richmond, Semiahmoo, Surrey, Langley and South Delta.
Advanced CAHA Level 4 certification.
Advanced Sport BC Level 2 Theory certification
Weight Training theory and methodology certification from Douglas College, B.C.
Elite Coaching Courses attended:
International Coaching Symposium Toronto Ontario
International Coaching Symposium Boston, Mass.
International Coaching Symposium Canmore, Alt.
NCAA Coaching Symposium, Naples, Fl.
NCAA Coaching Symposium, Colorado Springs, Col.
International Coaching Symposium, University of British Columbia.
Levels: Beginner to Professional, Male and Female, Ice hockey and Ball hockey
Coaching History past 10 years:
- 2001-2 Head Coach for the Richmond Sockeyes Junior B team.
- 2000-2001 New Westminister Pirates Junior B, Head Coach
- Mid Season to 2000. New Westminister Pirates Junior B, Head Coach.
- Hired as in-term Head Coach end of 2000 season for the Burnaby Bulldogs of the BCHL Junior A Tier 2 Division
- 1998-1999 Head Coach North Delta Bantam AAA. Western Canadian Bantam Champions (first team from BC to win title in over 27 years), Provincial Bantam Champions (winning record of 7-0-0), Divisional Champions (record of 18-1-1) . 4 major tournament wins (first team from BC in tournament history to win Medicine Hat Bantam International Tournament). Season record 73-5-3,
- 1997-1998 Head Coach North Delta Bantam AAA. Divisional and Playoff Champions, No. 1 ranked team in BC, 3 tournament wins.
- 1996-1997 Head Coach North Delta Bantam AAA. Division Champions, 2 tournament wins
- 1995-1996 Head Coach North Delta Bantam AAA. 2 tournament wins.
- 1993-1995 Head Coach Bellingham Flyers, Senior AAA hockey, West Coast League. League Champs. Savage Cup Semi-finalists.
- 1992 - 1993 Assistant Coach Surrey Eagles, Junior A Tier 2. Selected as Assistant Coach to BCJHL Allstar team.
- 1991-1992 Head Coach North Delta Midget AAA. League Champions, Divisional Champs, 3 tournament wins.
Awards and Accomplishments:
Coach of the Year 6 times
Twice honored by CAHA for contributions to Minor Hockey in Canada.
Gold Medal winning Coach BC winter games
Western Canadian Bantam AAA Championship
Bantam AAA Provincial Champions
Senior Women’s Provincial Champions
League Championships - 12
Playoff Championships - 10
Divisional Championships - 8
Numerous Summer Hockey Tournament Championship Wins